Blac Chyna's long-standing lawsuit against Kim Kardashian and much of the Kardashian clan will now be heading to trial sooner than expected. Fans were surprised when the model, who was previously engaged to Rob Kardashian and is the mother of his young daughter, Dream, filed suit against the entire Kardashian / Jenner family over the cancellation of her show with her former fiancé, Rob & Chyna, in October 2017. About a month later, she dropped everyone from the suit except for Rob Kardashian, Kris Jenner, and Kim Kardashian, and Chyna is "thrilled" that the trial is coming along even faster than expected.
According to Page Six, the trial for Blac Chyna's lawsuit against the Kardashians had been scheduled to begin on November 29 of this year, but proceedings will now commence on October 18. Chyna, who's real name is Angela White, filed suit over allegations of assault, battery, domestic violence, defamation, and interference with prospective economic relations, with the suit being brought against the family both because of incidents of reported "slut-shaming, revenge porn, and killing Chyna's show after she broke up with Rob."
Chyna's lawyer confirmed that she is currently "thrilled" about the trial coming along earlier. And, it makes sense that she would be, after waiting four years by the time the case goes to trial to finally be able to have this matter settled in court.
Even though Chyna and her attorney did narrow the scope of the lawsuit (though she did later re-add Kylie Jenner and Khloe Kardashian), there are still several other members of the family and those involved with the production of Rob & Chyna who are expected to testify during the 10-day trial. These include Chyna herself, Rob, Kim, and Khloé Kardashian, Kris and Kylie Jenner, Ryan Seacrest, NBCUniversal executive Francis Berwick, WME agent Lance Klein, attorney Walter Mosley, and a variety of E!, NBCUniversal, and Bunim/Murray executives. Both parties are open to mediation before the trial begins, with a post-mediation status hearing already being set for July 26.
Blac Chyna's lawsuit alleges that she, Rob Kardashian, Rob & Chyna's producers and those at E! were all on board to make Season 2 of their reality series, but that the rest of the family became involved and used their clout at the network to put the kibosh on the series altogether. Meanwhile, the Kardashian's attorney and the lawyer for E! have said that this isn't true, and that the series was cancelled simply because the couple had broken up, adding that Chyna was supposedly difficult to work with and sometimes refused to be in the same room as Rob for filming.
It's also said that the network wasn't completely happy with the ratings for Rob & Chyna, anyway, so their breakup combined with Chyna's alleged attitude is what led to the plug being pulled. Earlier this year, a trio of appellate judges agreed to the ruling of the trial judge, and noted that Chyna had submitted “substantial evidence” to support her claims of defamation and economic interference against Kim and Khloé Kardashian, and Kris and Kylie Jenner.
Aside from her claims that the Kardashian family stopped her series from moving forward with the planned Season 2, Blac Chyna also alleges that Rob Kardashian knocked her to the ground during the summer of 2017, eventually pulling her bedroom door down, and also that he would threaten to kill himself if she didn't respond to his calls or texts immediately.
Hopefully, Blac Chyna's case against the Kardashians can be solved in mediation, as a trial seems like it would be harder on all parties involved. Either way, we'll likely hear more about the proceedings as the year goes on.