In recent weeks, Sharon Osbourne’s exit from The Talk and the controversy that led to it have been major topics of discussion. Osbourne’s exit was immediately preceded by a production hiatus, allegations of racism and homophobia on her part and a subsequent investigation. But the situation all started with her emotional on-air exchange with co-host Sheryl Underwood about Piers Morgan’s comments on Meghan Markle. Now, it would appear that the drama between the two has deepened, thanks to some seemingly leaked text messages.
The initial conversation between the two hosts saw Sharon Osbourne defend Piers Morgan following the TV personality’s recent firing. Sheryl Underwood, however, argued that by defending Morgan, she was also validating his criticism of Meghan Markle. Underwood recently revealed that she has not spoken to Osbourne since the incident and claimed the former host had not reached out to apologize. It’s because of this that Osbourne is now fighting back against that claim with alleged personal text messages.
Sharon Osbourne released screenshots (via DailyMail.com) of purported texts she claims to have sent to Sheryl Underwood in the aftermath of their exchange on The Talk. The first of these texts, marked Friday, March 12th, is a lengthy message in which Osbourne apologizes for things that happened both on and off air. She also says she wouldn’t want to “lose” Underwood as a friend over the situation:
Sheryl, My heart is heavy and I'm deeply saddened by the events that transpired on Wednesday. I don't want to lose my true friend over this. Im sorry for telling you to fuck off during break, I'm sorry for accusing you of fake crying while we were live on air and I'm sorry for losing my temper with you. I felt shocked, scared and saddened by what felt like was a blind sided attack. You know me. You know how I've always had your back. We've outlasted everyone on this show and that's because we've always been a team and had each other's backs.
A second text from the screenshots shows Sharon Osbourne trying to reach out to Sheryl Underwood again on Monday, March 15th. In the second, she says she understands that she’s “taking space” and that she doesn’t want to disrespect that. Though she also asks if they can touch base before that Wednesday. And in the third and final text marked Thursday March 18th, Osbourne says that she’s thinking about Underwood and wishes her well before sending love to her.
In addition to the screenshots, Sharon Osbourne also released a statement to DailyMail.com. With this, she questions why Sheryl Underwood would claim that she never apologized:
I not only sent these messages to Sheryl but I apologized to her in person in her dressing room. Why are you saying I never apologized Sheryl? What are you trying to do to me? Why are you trying to destroy my reputation? Just be honest. Tell me.
Shortly after the incident on the show, Sharon Osbourne took to social media to apologize for her actions. Since then, the TV personality has remained relatively quiet on the situation, though sources allege that she is “bitterly disappointed” with how things played out. The same source also alleges that Osbourne’s family believes she’s been “hung out to dry for something she hasn’t done or believed in.”
As of right now, reports allege that The Talk isn’t planning to replace Sharon Osbourne anytime soon. We here at CinemaBlend will keep you updated on this situation as more updates arrive.